Another great crafterday in the community hall in Judbury, on the banks of the Huon River. It was the 8th day of summer and finally the sun peeked out today, altho it took until late afternoon to arrive. I think it was the gathering of happy crafters that drew it out of hiding.
As usual there was a lot going on; Leslie was felting vessels, Gail was creating one of her 10,339 little hexagons, folk were spinning, yarning, chatting, eating, knitting, watching, learning – even waggling their reindeer ears and jingle bell ears. The Show and Tell table was ablaze with colour and creation, if you can add anything to my captions on the photos please get in touch and help me out. The Xmas food table was a veritable bounty – fried rice, chicken, sweets galore, raspberries, blueberries, cakes, brandy baskets, scones jam cream, quiche, bikkies and more – accompanied by the tea and coffee ready to hand.
Ten little treasures were shared out in the spirit of fun,
* to Helen and Gail for their great suggestion to use the little tables for a cafe-style gathering,
* to each man for being MAN enough to join us,
* to Wilma for her never ending creations on her “I am going to sell this Loom” loom, we are so glad you didn’t,
* to Janet for her story-telling,
* to our fabulous Barista team, Tony and Irene!
Some ideas were kicked around for 2015, including Machine Knitting, Patchwork quilting, Encaustic art. If you have any ideas for 2015 let us know.
The 2015 dates are:
January 12; February 9; March 9; April 13; May 11; June 8; July 13; August 10; September 14; October 12; November 9; December 14:
Enjoy the photos, (thank you Shirley).