Such a lot of fun at Crafters – the variety of Show and Tell never ceases to amaze. There were shrugs, blankets, jumpers, beanies, slouches, bonnets, scarves, shawls, vests, sock wool, socks, spider felt, yarn, tops, embellishments, quilt crosses, hat boxes, leather rings, cushion, neck wear, washcloth, wooden pens and more. And we learn so much from each other. Like-minded groups scatter throughout the hall and verandah sharing skills, crafting exquisite pieces and relaxing over conversation and morning tea.
The Buy or Barter table had Pens by Mike, Plants by Nikki, Magazines to give away, Oddments of wool courtesy of Irene to benefit the Barista team, and more.
Lots happening in the near future, get involved….
- Weaving exhibition at Margate Museum – from Carpets to Damask – all November. Works by Sheena Jack.
- “One Art Sale” by Terry Tonga Choi-Lundberg at Studio Karma in Glen Huon 13 – 22 November.
- Huon Show Saturday 14 November, you are such a crafty lot, please enter. Forms here.
- Summer Day at Ross in January, see the Guild calendar for information.
- Interesting workshops happening at Geckostrands in Franklin by visiting artist from Mali, in February 2016.
- Great Fibre Weekend in Tullah February 2016, read about it here.
- New Alpaca Fibre Mill now operating in Orange, NSW. See Adagio Alpaca Mills.
December will see another year of gatherings wrap up with lunch courtesy of Santa. No pressie swap, just turn up and have fun. Santa will serve ‘lunch’ at 1145.
Enjoy the photos.