The variety of craft our group generates always amazes me. Enjoy the photos of January’s wonders. A big thank you to Kerry B for the great photos.
While we in Judbury were gathering to craft and laugh together, other Australians were battling, simultaneously, Floods on the Eastern side and Fire on the Western side of our fabulous continent. Hundreds of homes were lost in Western Australia so this month we dedicated our takings to the West Australian Lord Mayor’s Distress Relief Fund. This fund gives resources direct to applicants to rebuild houses, fences, stock, yards etc. Whilst it is a small offering on our part, it is with big hearts we make our donation. This fire began to be a direct threat to homes and souls on about January 6th, and as I key this, on Jan 15th, it is still breaking out in small pockets.
Perhaps in the near future we can put together a box of stash and clothing and liaise directly with a craft group local to Yarloop or Harvey in Western Australia.
If you wish to provide aid, this information was distributed by the Perth Royal Agricultural Show Committee, (paraphrased by VP).
WA SOUTH WEST BUSHFIRES 2016 – HOW YOU CAN HELP…
The devastating 2016 bushfires in the West Australian South West shires of Waroona and Harvey have affected many people in our regional communities. Several appeals have been set up to help victims of the fatal bushfires that have left two people dead and destroyed 142 homes and several heritage buildings in historic Yarloop.
According to the Department of Agriculture and Food, approximately 426 agricultural properties in the Yarloop, Harvey and Waroona areas are believed to have been impacted by the fires.
An estimated 33,000 hectares of agricultural land has been affected by the fires and the blaze has burnt out a significant amount of pasture.
Here’s how you can help.
LORD MAYOR’S DISTRESS RELIEF FUND
Donations to the Waroona and District Fires Appeal can be made:
- via EFT: BSB 306-035, Account 2014474
- over the counter at any BankWest branch or agency to the dedicated appealaccount, 306-035 2014474
- in person at the Customer Service counter at Council House, 27 St Georges Tce,Perth
- with a credit card by phoning 9461 3886 during normal business hours
- by mail to LMDRF, Waroona and District Fires Appeal, City of Perth, GPO Box C120,Perth WA 6839
WA FARMERS APPEAL
Cash donations are being accepted.
Go to http://www.gofundme.com/8gx38ezg for more information.
- Harvey Stockfeeds & Animal Supplies owners Liz Tindale and Daniel Phillips, helpingget feed to stranded animals in the Yarloop area. Access donation details through Harvey Stockfeeds Facebook page.
- WA Equine Emergency Facebook group, coordinating efforts to find missing horsesand other animals and help find temporary homes for stranded animals. To offer help, go to their Facebook page, WA Equine Emergency.
- Bunbury lost, found and stolen is posting information and photos of stranded animalsneeding to be connected to their owners, and owners looking for their missing animals. Go to their Facebook page Bunbury lost, found and stolen.
- Wish Animal Rescue is collecting food for pets. You can access donation detailsthrough the Wish Animal Rescue Team Facebook page.
- Emergency Wildlife Care Bunbury is coordinating volunteer teams to search forsurviving wildlife. Access volunteer and donation details through the organisation’s Bunbury Wildlife Info Facebook page.