A delightful winter’s day in the Judbury Community Hall, warm as toast and hallelujah – the squeaking smoke alarm was FIXED! Smiles and happy ears all round. Soup, bread and gorgeous nibbles complemented the tea and coffee, big hugs and thanks to all the domestic goddesses out there.
Buy or Barter had a fabulous array of goodies – fleeces both Moorit and Merino, fibre craft magazines and YARN, lots of stash busting yarn! Brian turned up to run a Meat Tray raffle – and Sue was the lucky winner.
Congratulations to the Tassie Felters who featured in the latest FELT magazine, job well done.
CWA are having an AUSMAS in July in the Ranelagh hall, 30th July, sounds fabulous, a fundraiser towards a Defibrillator, contact Shirley on 6264 1714 to book your place.
Bothwell SpinIN March 2017 has a few competitions. Firstly the Longest Thread which must be submitted THIS YEAR by 31 October. Get your spinning mojo down to a FINE art and enter both the wool and alpaca sections. Secondly The Mary Simons Perpetual Trophy, and then the Competition Class events,
- Lace Weight Knitting Hand Spun – any article of your choice
- Lace Weight Knitting Mill Spun – any article of your choice
- Hand Spun Skein Art yarn – approx 100gms
- Hand Spun Skein Lace Weight from fleece 18wpi or more – approx 50gms
- Hand Spun Skein Medium Weight from fleece 11 – 17 dpi, 8 ply / DK – approx 50gms
- Hand Spun Skein from hand dyed commercial top – approx 50gms
- Hand Spun Skein from Natural dye or dyes – please state dye/s – approx 50gms
- Weaving Rigid Heddle / Knitters Loom – woven article of your choice
- Weaving on a Shaft Loom – woven article of your choice
- Felted article with a Highland theme – Adult entry
- Felted article with a Highland theme – Child entry
So check the website for entry forms and join the fun!
Guide Dogs Tasmania will visit us in July, bringing Dexter, a beautiful 6-year-old Labrador who works as their special PR Dog. Although he will be wearing a blue ‘learner’ coat on arrival – which means no interacting with him – it will be removed after the talk so you can have a cuddle, if you wish! We will be making a donation to Guide Dogs Tasmania at this time.
Enjoy the photos, and thanks for being a Judbury Crafter.